HOW DOES IT WORK?
What is an Automatic Bike Hire Station?
- It is a stand alone, all weather structure, where bikes are secured and monitored by a remote system.
- Similar to a vending machine. A central computer server tracks each bicycle through RFID technology.
- Stations are powered by a battery, solar or a standard 240 V (if undercover)
- Stations are scalable and can hold from 4 to 32 bikes.
- The stations offer high quality, reasonably priced and convenient bike hire 24/7
- Prices for hire vary to suit any location
- Hire periods of 1 hour, 4 hours , 24hrs or 3 days, can be selected
Bike hire has never been easier!
On each station there is a kiosk control panel, the client follows the below sequence to hire a bike
- Push any key to activate the screen
- Screen should now read “1. Rent Bike” – Push button 1
- Insert Credit Card
- Then remove card
- Choose the hire period 1, 2, 3 or 4 by entering the appropriate number on the keypad
- Choose bike by the number located on bike and enter this number on the keypad, then push #
- Accept the waiver by pushing the #. The waiver can be read in full on the control panel
- Wait for approval and transaction number.
- Once approved, the screen will read “Collect bike”
- Go to the bike , a green light should be flashing – grasp the handlebars and push in and pull out the bike in one firm motion
- To hire another bike, repeat the whole process
- Enjoy your ride and return bike to same station and helmet to the local retailer
Need more info?
- If bike does not release repeat steps 1 to 9, using same card. You will not be charged again, if you are please contact us on 0414 84 82 84.
- When riders choose the hire period, 1 hr, 4 hrs or 24 hrs or 3 days. The price is based on the hire period there is no refund if bikes are returned early. During the hire period you can change bikes, return the bike and then retake another bike at no extra cost.
- No credits card details are held in the station or by Boomerang Bikes.
- Free helmets, bike locks, and maps are available from the nearby outlets (details are on each Station)
- Return your bicycle to the same station, they are open 24 hrs a day.
- If bike is returned late or over the time period the card will be debited the extra amount based on the 1 hourly rate. This is carried out through the software using a transaction number and as a supplementary payment
- Refunds or customer complaints are directed to Boomerang Bikes on our mobile or email.
- Refunds can be given that day electronically.
Adult bikes are unisex shaped to be comfortable, robust and hassle free for riders from 145Cm up.
Childrens bikes are suitable for riders from 125cm up, with some stations have=ing smaller or other bikes such as tandems
All bike Features include:
- Puncture proof tyres
- Chain protector
- Enclosed internal 3 speed gears and brakes
- Low step frame for a wide range of riders
- Adjustable seat
- Custom basket carrier or child seat (for children under 22 kg)
- Some stations have children’s bikes for riders from 125 cm to 145 cm
- Helmets, Bike locks and maps of where to ride are supplied free at a nearby Outlet.
Boomerang Bikes supplies:
- Helmets, bike locks and maps
- Advertising and maps distributed across the region
- Mobile app and mapping to highlight attractions etc
- Bikes and station are serviced weekly or as required
- Signage to refer any issues regarding the station or bikes to Boomerang Bikes
- Certificate of Currency for public & product liability insurance up to $20M, for the station and bikes.
- Insurance Policy has location details in the Interested Parties section
- Any other documentation or legalities that is required
Value for Money
- $14 for 1 hour
- $28 for up to 4 hours
- $47 for 24 hours
- $90 for 3 days
These prices may vary slightly, due to either local or seasonal factors – check the station before you hire.
Free Helmets, maps and bike locks from the Visitor Information Centre, VIC and other retailers, see the station for details.